You may notice when you get gear above E tier that below the buff there are 4 small circles. These are your runes and will either be one of 5 colours or a lock symbol; the lock represents runes not yet obtained. These 4 runes will gradually unlock with higher tiers, starting with the 1st rune at Rare, 2nd at Epic, 3rd at Legendary, and 4th at Mythic. You can find out what the locked runes will be by purchasing a Rune Scrying Scroll (bought from the Limited Time Merchant for 30,000 Star Seeds); the colours of the runes will be revealed but they will remain locked.
The rune system is somewhat unique in Bless Unleashed as, by themselves, they are worthless. A green rune does not mean you get a buff to your max HP just because it’s on your helmet. In Bless Unleashed your runes are used to activate the effects on your accessories (Necklace and Ring).
For example, a good starting ring for Mages that goes cheap on the marketplace is the Culinary School Graduation Ring, which has +13.5% Critical Hit Damage and +3% Gold Gain. To active the first perk you need just 1 white rune on any piece of your gear, and the latter requires 1 purple rune.
Tip: If you go to your Character Info, the top left corner shows your current runes and what’s activated.
When you’re making the best build for your character or just deciding how high to price your gear, you need to know what runes are good, and what are useless. A max roll helmet might seem great, but if it just has useless runes you’re wasting your time on it and limiting the selling price. Check the market to see what’s good and what isn’t – generally speaking, Green and Yellow are only used for PvP and Purple is still largely ignored.
- Increased PvE Combat XP:
- Horde Necklace; Shiny Necklace; Zealous Heart Necklace; Queen’s Necklace; Lich’s Ring
- Increased Gold Gain:
- Faded Necklace; Ring of Avarice; Horde Ring; Culinary School Graduation Ring; Bloodlust Ring; Ring of the Whispering Serpent God
- Increased PvP Attack Power:
- Dauntless Ring; Shiny Ring; Ring of the Black Sun
- Increased PvP damage:
- Necklace of the Tempting Flower
- Decreased Critical Hit Damage Received:
- Necklace of the Tempting Flower
- Decreased chance to receive Critical Hit:
- Holy Ring
- Increased Soul Pyre Recovery:
- Crimson Necklace; Faded Ring; Lich’s Ring; Sinister Ring
- Increased Critical Hit Damage:
- Horde Necklace; Culinary School Graduation Ring; Faded Ring; Bloodlust Ring; Desert Song Ring
- Increased Critical Hit Rate:
- Necklace of the Golden King; Necklace of the Corrupted; Necklace of the Dead; Violent Tides Necklace; Horde Ring; Ring of Arrogance
- Increased PvP Defence:
- Roisa’s Necklace; Ring of the Wolf King
- Increased Potion buff duration:
- Chief Priest’s Ring; Holy Ring
- Increased Potion Healing
- Necklace of the Corrupted; Necklace of the Dead; Cyclops’ Necklace
- Increased Defence
- Necklace of the Golden King; Knight Captain’s Necklace; Roisa’s Necklace; Necklace of the Corrupted; Zealous Heart Necklace; Dauntless Ring; Chief Priest’s Ring; Sinister Ring; Holy Ring
- Increased Lunchbox buff duration
- Gideon’s Ring; Desert Song Ring
- Decreased Potion Cooldown
- Queen’s Necklace; Violent Tides Necklace; Cyclops’ Ring; Shiny Ring; Ring of Arrogance
- Increased Attack Power
- Horde Necklace; Shiny Necklace; Violent Tides Ring; Ring of the Black Sun; Lich’s Ring; Sinister Ring
- Increased Penetration
- Roisa’s Necklace
- Increased Gathering/Mining/Logging Speed
- Ring of Avarice; Ring of the Wolf King
- Increased Max HP
- Crimson Necklace; Necklace of the Dead; Faded Necklace; Cyclops’ Necklace; Violent Tides Necklace; Cyclops’ Ring; Gideon’s Ring; Bloodlust Ring; Ring of the Black Sun; Ring of Arrogance; Desert Song Ring
- Increased HP recovery from Gathering
- Necklace of the Tempting Flower; Necklace of the Golden King; Knight Captain’s Necklace; Violent Tides Ring
- Restores HP equal to % of damage dealt
- Ring of the Whispering Serpent God
Have a look on the market for the best accessories for your build and keep those runes in mind when you start going for your dream gear. Generally, White and Red runes are the most valuable. This will however depend on your build (PvP/PvE) and what you’re going for.