New Genesis Story
- The ARKS appear in New Genesis, but this time they are defending a planet called HALPHA from the DOLLS. The battle against the DOLLS has been going on for decades, but nobody knows where they come from or why they’re attacking.
- The ARKS consist of the Halphanian people, but there are other individuals arriving to the planet. These mysterious people are known as Meteorn, and they arrive from outer space through pods.
- The Meteorn have no memory of their life before they arrived, and no one knows where they come from.
- Many of the Meteorn have decided to join sides with the ARKS to fight against the DOLLS.
26:30 Added fighter, gunner, and techer to classes You can now use subclass weapons and PAs/Techs on your main weapon’s subpalette Swim and wall kick (plus the other actions previously shown)
With the Multi-Weapon System you can just put actions and photon arts of another weapon type in your weapon palette. For example, you can switch freely between sword and assault rifle on the fly, or even wand and knuckles without changing the weapon palette.
MAGS in New Genesis
- Mags are quite different from their PSO2 counterparts since they no longer support you in battle. In New Genesis, they act more like a helpful partner who becomes a portable terminal in the story. In addition, they react to new facilities in the open fields as you approach them.
- The Ryuker Device allows you to teleport to far away locations.
- You can also teleport to a visited Ryuker Device from the main menu while you’re out on the field.
- Scattered across the field are Cocoons. These allow you to participate in Instanced Quests, which you can perform solo or with a party.
- These quests appear to have various objectives designated under “Main Missions” and “Side Missions.” For example, while the Main Mission wants you to reach the end, the side missions will task you with challenges such as clearing it within 5 or 10 minutes, or receiving less than 10 hits, etc.
- The Training Cocoons showed during the demonstration appears to present a reward of 1 Skill Point.
- Emergency Trials can occur randomly just like in PSO2.
- Two new trials revealed today showcase the ARKS intercepting the DOLLS Control Aircraft, and the clearing out of a Assembly Point.
- This gigantic mag will give a boost to all players on a Ship. Everyone can participate by feeding it various materials to increase the boost rate. There appears to be a “Social Boost” and a “Personal Boost.” For example, the Social Boost increased the EXP rate by +10%, and the Personal Boost increased the Rare Drop Rate by +10%.
- These quests can occur randomly at certain areas in the field
- This city serves as the base of operations for the ARKS. As a lobby, it can hold up to 100 players in the same instance. Here you can chat and use the facilities around the city.
- NPCs will provide you with various tasks to complete. These will net you rewards like EXP and Items, etc.
Feature: Food Stand
- You can create various food that provide boosts such as ｢ATK UP｣ and ｢PP UP｣.
- Materials can be gathered from trees and wild animals.
Feature: Item Enhancement
- The Item Lab so far has the following features:
- Item Grinding
- Limit Breaking
- Ability Affixing
- Potential Unlocking
- You can grind your items to make them stronger. The demonstration appears to be using the NT grinding system.
- Special Ability Affixing lets you add effects onto your weapon. In the demonstration, they affixed a sword by supplying it with 10x ｢C/Power I｣ and 10x ｢C/Forms Soul I｣ capsules. This led to success rates of 100% for ｢Power I｣ and 90% for ｢Forms Soul I｣.
- It appears each capsule adds a success rate for their specific abilities:
- One ｢C/Power I｣ = +10% Power 1 success
- One ｢C/Forms Soul I｣ = +9% Forms Soul I success
- First you select your base weapon, then add the weapon that will be used as the material.
- Once complete, your base weapon will gain access to the second weapon’s category.
- Shortcut Words, Group Chats, Auto Words, and Symbol Arts will continue to be available in NGS. In addition to this will be Stamps as another form of communication you can use.
26:30 Added fighter, gunner, and techer to classes You can now use subclass weapons and PAs/Techs on your main weapon’s subpalette Swim and wall kick (plus the other actions previously shown) Added mag but it doesnt fight its just a robot that tells you things like near by objects
36:55 Added fast travel points that can be used to store items Added Cocoons which are like dungeons (missions) with LoZ:BOTW looking rooms Has all the old world systems (trials, urgent quests, PSE) but Urgent quests now appear in the world instead of a menu Added region mag, a Mag that you give items to and it buffs everyone on your server
47:45 Food Stand for gathered materials, make food and get bonus stats Weapon enhance system is still in place Affix system is still in place (looks like it use capsules now instead of other weapons?)
48:51 “Multi-weapon system” (didnt really hear it dont know what it does) Think it just combines two weapons? Probably required to use both weapons on subpalette?
52:54 Balloon chat, symbol art, stamps (symbol art but cant be changed), emotes, emotes with finger actions
54:00 Pso2 graphic renewal, can switch between NGS and PSO2 with a single menu press via block menu in pso2
1:01:00 Character creation. Key points: adds new editing options Removes race from the game and makes it cosmetic only You can change gender at will by equipping male or female clothing can have up to 15 accessories on your character but is limited by a “point system” the limit of points is 18.Show less